26Call of Duty
With over 25 billion hours (2.85 million years) of total game playtime, people have played call of duty for longer than the course of human existence.
27. The popular video game 'Deus ex' released in the year 2000 is missing the twin towers due to graphical limitations. The in-game explanation for this was that they were destroyed by a terrorist attack.
28. The surface area of Minecraft's overworld (on the PC version) is approximately 9,258,235 times larger than that of the earth.
29. People who play video games are more likely to be lucid dreamers (have control over their actions in dreams) than those who don't.
30. The multiplayer mode in GoldenEye was added last minute, without the knowledge of Rare and Nintendo.
Game Boy was the first video game console to be played in space by Russian cosmonaut Aleksandr Serebrov. The game he played was Tetris.
32. If you finish the incredible hard video game Ghosts n' Goblin, you will receive a message at the end that all was just an illusion and you will be forced to start at the very beginning of the game again. Only after playing through the second time you will see the real ending.
33. The entire game of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is less than 1MB in size.
34. Miyamoto believed "donkey" meant "stupid" in English, and assumed the name Donkey Kong would convey the sense "stupid ape" to an American audience. When he suggested this name to Nintendo of America, he was laughed at, but the name stuck.
35. Earthworm Jim was created as a result of the success of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The game was created as a satire of platform video games at the time; for instance, "Princess-What's-Her-Name" was a parody of how so many video games had throw-away female characters to be saved.
36World of Warcraft
Some political prisoners in China were forced to play World of Warcraft and other games to gather virtual currency.
37. Rockstar Games hired a private investigator to locate the remaining relatives of one of the members of the Skatt Bros. in Utah in order to obtain license rights to the song "Walk The Night" for use in Grand Theft Auto IV.
38. The Japanese version of Fallout 3 does not give the player the option to detonate the Megaton nuclear bomb.
39. A World of Warcraft player had 36 accounts on 11 computers simultaneously and raided by himself.
40. The award for 10 consecutive kills with a shotgun in Halo 3 was titled "Cheneymania!" before it was changed to "Open Season!"
Scientists have shown that playing Tetris can ease cravings for sex, drugs, and food.
42. If Mario was a real person, he would have to run (and swim) 3.4 miles to complete Super Mario Bros.
43. Angry Birds and Clash of Clans have helped rejuvenate Finland's economy after Nokia's downfall.
44. After his mom died, Albert Ransom learned to code and built an indie game called CandySwipe. Two years later, a near-identical game called Candy Crush Saga was released.
45. The average age of a person who plays video games is 30.
46Silent Hill video game
In the original Silent Hill video game, the fog covering the town was put in the game because of hardware limitations. Covering the town in fog meant that only the area surrounding the player at any given moment needed to be rendered.
47. Activision, the company behind the Call of Duty series, runs an endowment dedicated to finding employment opportunities and jobs training for veterans. The Call of Duty Endowment claims to have helped place over 25,000 vets in well-paying jobs since 2009.
48. A man reached level 90 in World of Warcraft without ever leaving the starting zone; spending 173.5 days mining and picking herbs.
49. In Assassin's Creed, every key character you assassinate was a real person, and the date and location of their death are accurate.
50. There is a hiding spot in Pac-man where you can sit still safely for as long as you like.