The Danish King Harald Blatand ate so many blueberries that his teeth stained blue. "Bluetooth" is named after him because of his ability to unite warring Scandinavian factions, just as Bluetooth unites wireless devices. The Bluetooth logo is also a combination of the King Harald’s runic initials.
27. Drogheda United FC, a small Irish football team, has a logo based on, and in gratitude to, the Ottoman Empire. The Ottomans secretly smuggled food into Drogheda during the Great Famine.
28. The Anarchist logo is the mixture of "A" for anarkhia "without ruler/authority" and "O" for "order and organization". Which is a reference to Pierre-Joseph Proudhon's quote "as man seeks justice in equality, so society seeks order in anarchy."
29. The meaning behind Apple logo isn’t actually meant to pay tribute to Alan Turing. The size of the bite showed that the shape was an apple, not a cherry or any vaguely round fruit. However, when Stephen Fry once asked Steve Jobs if the logo was based on Turing, he replied, “God, we wish it were.”
30. Michael Jordan's "Jumpman" logo is actually a silhouette of a photograph of Michael Jordan performing a ballet move, not an actual dunk.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
The bird in the Twitter logo is named "Larry" after NBA legend Larry Bird.
32. Pepsi spent millions of dollars on a logo redesign in 2009. The three different colored sections are supposed to resemble the U.S flag. The colors are supposed to represent the earth's magnetic fields, feng shui, and the theory of relativity. It also has references to the Mona Lisa.
33. Ferruccio Lamborghini, the founder of Lamborghini cars, was fascinated with Spanish culture. Nearly every car is named after a Spanish word, the majority of them deriving from the name of famous bulls that killed a matador in a bullfight. This is also why their logo is a charging bull.
34. Television channel Al Jazeera means peninsula and their logo is meant to represent a drop of water.
35. The FedEx logo contains a hidden (subliminal) arrow shape in the negative space between the 'E' and the 'X'.
Wawa in Ojibwe means 'wild goose', which explains why there's a flying goose in the Wawa corporate logo.
37. The Star Fleet logo (from Star Trek) is based on the delta symbol. The symbol was first used as early as 1942 by the U.S. Army Air Forces and was used in early Air Force space organization emblems dating back to 1961.
38. Portland Trailblazers’ logo is a modern graphic interpretation of the game of basketball, with five players from one side playing against five players from another.
39. The Automobile company Holden's logo is based on a prehistoric fable where lions were observed rolling stones which gave rise to the invention of the wheel.
40. The Macy's department store red star logo was inspired by a tattoo that the company's founder had gotten during a sailing trip when he was 15.
Rolling Stones' "licking" logo was based on the trademark posture of Kali, an Indian Goddess of death.
42. Even though Mozilla Firefox's logo is a fox, its name comes from another word for a red panda (Firefox).
43. The Mitsubishi logo is based on the literal translation of the words in Japanese. Mitsubishi translates to "three diamonds."
44. The Facebook logo is blue because Mark Zuckerberg was colourblind to red and green, so blue was the richest colour to him.
45. AMD’s Ryzen logo has an ensō, a circle that is hand-drawn in one or two uninhibited brushstrokes to express a moment when the mind is free to let the body create a.ka. Zen.
46Fruit of the Loom
The Clothing company, the Fruit of the Loom logo's never had a cornucopia in it, and people remembering it wrongly is just another example of the Mandela effect.
47. NBC introduced its multicolored peacock logo in 1956 to entice people to buy color TVs manufactured by RCA, which owned the network.
48. Most fast-food restaurants use red and yellow in their logos because red triggers stimulation, appetite, and hunger. While yellow triggers feelings of happiness and friendliness.
49. Milwaukee baseball team, the old Brewers logo was a ball and glove and the letters M & B.
50. The Diet Pepsi logo is "slimmer" than the regular Pepsi logo.