Serial killer Pedro López killed over 300 girls and was released on $50 bail in 1998. He is currently free.
27. The real-life Pa from The Little House on the Prairie is suspected, by his daughter, to have killed a family of serial killers (Bloody Benders).
28. The serial killer known as the “Hillside Strangler”, Kenneth Bianchi, while actively murdering women was also applying to join the ranks of the LAPD and attended several ride alongs with police officers who were searching for the Hillside Strangler.
29. Wyatt Earp may have descended from America's first serial killers, the Harpe Brothers. He murdered up to 40 people and even bashed an infant against a tree for crying. One was beheaded and his head was left on a spike. That area is still known in Kentucky as "Harpe's Head'.
30. A serial killer named the Doodler, who targeted gay men in 1970's San Francisco would sketch his victims nude before murdering them. Though 3 victims survived, and a suspect was identified, none were willing to "out" themselves in open court in order to convict the suspect.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
A 16th-century serial killer (Christman Genipperteinga) murdered 964 individuals. This included 6 of his newborn babies, birthed from a sex slave he held captive 7 years before she convinced him to let her go to the town where she betrayed him by dropping peas for the town's men to follow and capture him.
32. Serial killer Joseph Briggen always had prize-winning hogs at the California state fair. He'd state "it's all in the feeding" when asked about his success. He was arrested when it was learned he was feeding his ranch workers to the hogs.
33. Israel Keyes was a serial killer who would travel via plane from Alaska to the continental U.S. to bury murder kits. He would return years later to retrieve them and kill at random. He had no victim profile.
34. During serial killer Carl Panzram's execution, when asked if he had any last words, he said, "Yes, hurry it up, you Hoosier b*stard! I could kill 10 men while you're fooling around!"
35. Convicted serial killer Albert Fish helped the executioner position the electrodes on his body before uttering his final words, "I don't even know why I'm here." It took 2 jolts to kill him.
Spain's first documented serial killer, Manuel Romasanta, was raised a girl till he was 6 because his parents thought he was a female.
37. One of the most, if not the most prolific serial killers in American history continued getting work as a nurse (Charles Cullen) from 1988 - 2003 due to a national nurse shortage even with an extensive history of attempted suicide, documented mental instability and accused patient misconduct.
38. British doctor Harold Shipman (also known as 'Doctor Death') was proven to have murdered at least 250 of his patients but may have killed as many as 459 people, making him one of the most prolific serial killer in recorded human history.
39. Serial killer Edmund Kemper said to one of his victims he was sorry for accidentally touching her breast, a few minutes before killing her.
40. Serial killer Jake Bird placed a "Bird Hex" on those attending/working his court trial, claiming "Mark my words, you will die before I do." Six people following the case died.
In 1996, the infamous serial killer 'The Yorkshire Ripper' (Peter Sutcliffe) was almost strangled to death in custody, before being saved by serial killer Kenneth Erskine aka 'The Stockwell Strangler'.
42. The most prolific female serial killer in history, Elizabeth Bathory, sexually abused, tortured and killed over 600 young women.
43. A serial killer (Luis Garavito) responsible for the murder of more than 135 children will be released from prison no later than 2021, possibly sooner with "good behavior".
44. Serial killer Robert Pickton fashioned a dildo to the barrel of a .22 caliber revolver to act as a makeshift silencer.
45. The first African-American female serial killer was Clementine Barnabet. Between 1909-1912, she invaded homes in Texas and Louisiana and killed entire families with an ax. The bodies were then arranged as part of a "Voodoo" ritual connected to her mysterious evangelical church.
Notorious serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer was beaten to death in prison by a fellow inmate before he was executed via capital punishment.
47. In 1896, a serial killer (Amelia Dyer) due to being executed was subpoenaed to give evidence in another trial, but it was decided that her testimony would be inadmissible, as she was considered legally dead upon receiving her sentence.
48. Kenneth McDuff, a Texas serial killer who was on death row, was then paroled, committed more murders and then finally executed. He caused an overhaul of the Texas Justice system including harsher paroles, more prisons and a rise in executions.
49. The first serial killer (Lewis Hutchinson) in Jamaica lived in a castle and hunted people for sport.
50. Canadian serial killer Karla Homolka helped her boyfriend rape and murder 3 teenage girls, one of them being her younger sister, to only be convicted of 12 years in prison. Homolka was released in 2005, is now remarried, and a mother of 3.