It's illegal in Queensland (Australia) to own a pet rabbit unless you can prove that you're a magician.
2. Pepper spray is illegal in Canada. If pepper spray is used on another person causing serious bodily harm or harming the environment, it can carry a penalty of up to $500,000 and imprisonment of up to 3 years.
3. It is illegal for pet stores in Beverly Hills to sell dogs and cats that are not from a shelter or rescue.
4. It’s illegal for drug companies to advertise to consumers almost everywhere in the world. The only exceptions are the US and New Zealand.
5. Automatic (switchblade, etc.) knives are illegal to own in Michigan, except for one-armed people.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
Outlaw originally meant "outside the protection of the law" so you could rob or kill them without legal consequences.
7. A woman named Holly Van Voast won $40,000 as a settlement from New York City due to police repeatedly arresting her for going topless in public. It's perfectly legal for men and women to be topless in New York City.
8. It is illegal for Indian physicians to determine the gender of a fetus due to female infanticides.
9. In Fairbanks, Alaska it is illegal for a moose to enter a saloon (via the sidewalk). This law was created to try to stop a local tavern keeper from getting his pet moose drunk and prevent the moose's frequent drunken rampages.
10. It is illegal to not flush the toilet in Singapore. For failing to flush, you will be fined $150, and police officers have been known to check.
In Canada, it is illegal to pretend to practice witchcraft. However, it is completely legal to practice witchcraft.
12. British eggs are illegal in the US for being "unwashed" and American eggs are illegal in the UK for being "washed".
13. It is legal to ship live animals in the mail, as long as the animal is not dangerous, diseased, bad-smelling, loud, and able to survive the transit without food or water.
14. It's illegal to "pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb" a bald eagle in the United States.
15. It is illegal in some states in USA to collect rainwater because "according to officials, 'that rain belongs to someone else.'"
It is illegal to tattoo in South Korea if you are not a licensed medical doctor.
17. It was technically legal to kill Mormons in Missouri until 1976.
18. In Ohio, It is illegal for foster parents to make their children who are of the opposite sex to share the same room.
19. Unpaid internships at for-profit businesses are illegal in the United States when they're for the benefit of the employer and displace regular employees.
20. In the town of Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada, "Hooting and Hollering" was completely illegal until March 2016 when they made it legal from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
It's illegal to own hamsters as pets in Hawaii.
22. It is illegal for anyone, even children, to wear camouflage clothing of any kind in Barbados.
23. In Idaho, it is legal for cyclists to treat a stop sign as a yield sign, and a red light as a stop sign. This law is commonly referred to as the "Idaho Stop" and has not been adopted in any other state.
24. In Mexico, the act of escaping from prison is considered legal because the law recognizes that all people have a fundamental desire to be free.
25. It is legal in California to drive a motorcycle between two cars in their lane (lane splitting) and only 53% of state residents know that it is legal.