26Making of the blue jeans
Jeans when first dyed are yellow due to the yellow color of water soluble leucoindigo, which then oxidizes to the blue color of indigo on jeans.
27. The glass harmonica is considered by some to be the world's most dangerous instrument credited with unexplained deaths as well as causing Tinnitus and mental breakdowns
28. There is a salt dumping ground (Monte Kali) in Germany that has formed an actual mountain and is poisoning the surrounding environment.
29. Technically Return of the Jedi never made a profit
30. In Rocky (1976), Rocky 2 (1979), and Rocky Balboa (2006), Rocky's pet turtles Cuff and Link were the same two turtles each time.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
The official state gem of Washington is petrified wood
32. Charlene Downes was a victim of child grooming who disappeared in 2003. Her body was never found but the kebab shop owners who had been grooming her were overheard joking about how she "went into the kebabs".
33. Vice President Hannibal Hamlin was called to active duty in the Maine militia in the summer of 1864, during his vice presidency. He served as a guard and a cook and was promoted to corporal before he was discharged.
34. A Coronal mass ejection barely missed Earth in 2012 which would have caused $2 trillion in damages. There is a 12% chance one will hit by 2022.
35. In 2015, public pressure and outraged historians convinced the US Treasury to reverse its decision to replace Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill with a woman. Instead, the back of the bill will now be amended to show five leaders of women’s suffrage, plus a view of the 1913 parade in Washington.
At least eight divers have died exploring the underwater caves of Jacob's Well in Central Texas, making it one of the most dangerous diving spots in the world
37. In 1579, a war almost started due to a bear's p*nis being accidentally omitted from a coat of arms.
38. At 3 pm each Memorial Day, Americans everywhere are encouraged to pause for one minute to remember and reflect on the sacrifices made by the fallen known as the National Moment of Remembrance
39. Cobblers repair shoes, cordwainers make shoes.
40. Seán Heuston, during the Irish 1916 rising was only suppose to hold the Mendicity Institution for 3-4 hours but held it for over two days with only 26 Volunteers against four hundred British Soldiers.
41Martin James Monti
Martin James Monti was the only U.S. Army officer to defect to the Nazis in World War 2. The young flying officer saw Nazi Germany as the best hope for stopping what he saw as the real threat to world peace: Bolshevism.
42. In Tashirojima, Japan, cats have come to outnumber humans. Cats have long been thought by the locals to represent luck and good fortune. Thus, the cats are treated like kings, and although most are feral because keeping them as “pets” is generally considered inappropriate.
43. As opposed to other bloodsucking creatures like leeches, mosquitos have a natural immunity to blood containing alcohol in humans due to their taste for fermenting fruit.
44. Tupac Shakur auditioned for the role of Bubba in Forrest Gump.
45. Ambulances in Canada have equipment capable of automatically changing traffic signals