Bhutan is the only country with a negative carbon footprint.
27. Columbus, Ohio has a larger population than Cincinnati and Cleveland combined and yet they have no NFL, NBA or MLB teams. Cleveland and Cincinnati have 5.
28. Panda bears poop 40 times a day.
29. At the Walt Disney theme parks there are merchandise stores hidden from the public and open to Disney cast members only. These sell exclusive collector's items that are only available to Disney employees.
30. Amman, the capital of Jordan has extreme examples of microclimate, and almost every neighborhood exhibits its own weather.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
At top speed, the Bugatti Veyron will empty its 26-gallon tank in 12 minutes.
32. On Friday, January 13, 2017, Finnair Flight 666 flew to Helsinki International Airport (abbreviated HEL) taking off at 13:00 local time with an aircraft that is 13 years old.
33. Despite Leona Helmsley's reputation as "the queen of mean" she left the bulk of her $4 billion estate to a charitable trust.
34. Milk Sickness is caused by milk or meat from a cow that is fed white snakeroot plant, which contains the poison tremetol. Though rare today, milk sickness killed 1000s of people in the 1800s including Abraham Lincoln's mother.
35. The troodon was likely among the smartest dinosaurs that existed. Its intelligence would put it among that of modern birds.
Germany has experienced catastrophic war centuries before World War 2, losing half of its male population during the 30-year war in 1600's.
37. A St. Bernard dog named Bamse was a mascot of the Royal Norwegian Navy during World War 2 and was known for breaking up fights amongst his crewmates. He once saved a young lieutenant commander who was being attacked by a man wielding a knife by pushing the assailant into the sea.
38. In Spanish customs, it's polite to arrive 30 minutes late to an event, get-together, etc.
39. Although Sega is commonly assumed to be a Japanese company formed in the 1980s or 1990s, it actually is American in origin, forming in the 1940s, but moving to Japan in 1951.
40. The existence of the name 'Wendy' in Britain is attributed to the character of the same name in Peter Pan.
Japan banned nightclub dancing post-midnight during World War 2 and this ban was only lifted recently in 2016.
42. In the 2000s, there were a number of fatal disputes which arose due to the singing of the song “My Way”, popularized by Frank Sinatra in karaoke bars. It is estimates that 6 people were killed up to 2010.
43. Viriathus was one of the most successful military commanders against the Roman rule. He was a charismatic and brilliant leader. He escaped the Lusitanian Massacre and led his men for 10 years. Unable to defeat him in the battlefield, the Romans eventually had him assassinated.
44. Ireland is the so called "goodest" country in the world according to the good country index. This means Ireland contributes most to the world and has an excellent reputation amongst other nations.