Comedian Simon Brodkin spoofed Britain's Got Talent with a deliberately talent-less act that nonetheless pushed all the right emotional buttons to win "yes" votes from the judges.
27. Before becoming an actor, Jason Statham competed in the 1990 Commonwealth Games in diving and also sold fake jewelry to make ends meet early in his modeling career.
28. Nicotine is unusual compared to most drugs, as its profile changes from stimulant to sedative with increasing doses, a phenomenon known as "Nesbitt's paradox."
29. There is a large frozen mass under Antarctica that stretches almost 14 miles and we have no idea what it is.
30. Police stopped Rodney King on the 20th anniversary of his beating and cited him with driving with an expired license.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
Room of Forgotten Souls
31World Wide Web Wanderer
The World Wide Web Wanderer was designed at MIT to measure the size and growth of the internet. Wanderer is considered to be the first online bot, and was launched in 1993!
32. Couples who originally bore no particular resemblance to each other when first married had, after 25 years of marriage, come to resemble each other. Moreover, the more marital happiness a couple reported, the greater their increase in facial resemblance.
33. An arctic expedition to the 'hollow earth' was planned for 2007, only being canceled because of the leader's death.
34. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.
35. Leo Fender, the founder of Fender and the person who developed the first solid-body electric guitar and electric bass guitar, never learned to play either instrument.
There are 7 miles of tunnels connecting 95 acres beneath downtown Houston, with restaurants and shops so area workers need not go outside in the heat and rain.
37. Somewhere between 4,000 and 6,000 tons of sunscreen enters coral reef areas every year and may be contributing the coral bleaching.
38. The Zomba Prison Project, a music recording made by inmates of a maximum security prison in Malawi known as the " waiting room of hell. " The completed album has 20 songs by 16 prisoners and was nominated for the Best World Music Album in 2016.
39. In Hindu astrology, if a woman has a negative mark on her horoscope that is believed to affect future marriage, she can marry a tree to transfer the bad luck to this 'first' marriage partner.
40. 19th century Czech anatomist-physiologist, Jan Purkyně (Johann Purkinje), was so famous that when people from outside Europe wrote letters to him, all they had to put as the address was "Purkyně, Europe".
41Superhero VR experiment
A VR experiment showed people given the power of superhero flight and told to perform search and rescue were more willing to aid others afterward than those who were given a helicopter and told to do the same thing.
42. A beautiful home was purchased in the heart of Mormon country (Utah County, Utah) and converted into an LGBT resource center called Encircle House.
43. In 1990, there was a Charlie Brown special called "Why, Charlie, why?" It focused on one of the kids developing Leukemia and the wide variety of feelings that kids could experience. It was the first time an animated series had addressed the topic of cancer directly.