A 99-million-year old fossilized Daddy Longlegs was found to be sporting an erection.
27. If you thoroughly shuffle a deck of playing cards, you'll end up with a sequence which has (probably) never existed before. There are 8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 different combinations.
28. The USA is one of seven countries that have not ratified the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women.
29. Nelson Rockefeller, once Vice President of the United States, died at age 70 of a heart attack rumored to be caused during sex with his 25-year-old assistant (Megan Marshack). The New York Magazine quipped: "Nelson thought he was coming, but he was going".
30. A "get out of jail free card" was a real thing in 1567 England; a lottery to raise money for the Navy promised winners "freedom from arrest" for all but the most serious crimes.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
The name of the last Inca king was Tupac.
32. John Cleese turned down the role of Cogsworth in Disney's Beauty and the Beast in order to play Cat R. Waul in Amblimation's An American Tail: Fievel Goes West.
33. A 20th century pilot Thomas Fitzpatrick landed intoxicated in the streets of New York City twice, because a bar patron refused to believe he had done it the first time.
34. President Ulysses S. Grant was arrested while in office. He was charged, booked, and released for speeding (on a horse) and had to pay a fine.
35. At the 1936 Olympic games, competitors from Liechtenstein were shocked to discover their flag was the exact same as Haiti's. Liechtenstein added a crown to their flag a year later.
Only one person signed all four major American founding documents (the Continental Association, the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution): Connecticut Senator Roger Sherman.
37. The Children's Crusade, in 1212 an unofficial crusade took place in which Nicholas of Cologne attempted to lead ~30,000 children to the holy land. They later found a fleet of boats willing to give them free passage to the Levant. The sailors ended up selling the children as slaves in Africa.
38. Sean Connery wore a wig in every James Bond film he was in.
39. A woman named Tania Head faked her entire tragedy and the loss of her husband during the 9/11 attacks and became President of the Support Network in New York.
40. Temp agencies make money by getting you hired and giving you a different pay rate per hour than what the company is offering. So if a company offers $25 per hour, the temp agency will take $10 an hour for their services and tell you that they will pay you $15 an hour.
Alexander Hamilton was shot and mortally wounded by Aaron Burr on the same spot that his son Philip had been killed three years before and by the same set of pistols.