As Apple is granted "Slide-to-Unlock" patent, they in a case against Motorola also argued “a tap is a zero-length swipe.”
2. Angry Birds and Clash of Clans have helped rejuvenate Finland's economy after Nokia's downfall.
3. James Cameron would use a nail gun to nail the film crew's cell phones to a wall in retaliation for unwanted ringing during the production of Avatar.
4. A Florida man named Steve Moon was stranded on a sandbar with sharks circling around him. He kept them at bay with a fishing pole for an hour and a half, after which he remembered he had a cell phone and called for help.
5. In mobile games, 60% of revenues come from 0.23% of players.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
Foxconn, the iPhone manufacturer, has reduced its employees from 110,000 to 50,000, thanks to the introduction of robots.
7. The first call ever made on a cell phone was from an engineer named Martin Cooper calling a rival engineer to brag about his accomplishment.
8. TV show Scrubs used a real phone number on an episode, that went to a prepaid cell phone the cast would hand around to each other and would answer.
9. Nokia has made a concept phone that charges using body heat.
10. A bar owner in the UK once built a Faraday cage around his bar to prevent patrons from using their cell phones.
The first streaming music service started in 1897. Users in New York could pick up their phones & connect to the Telharmonium, a central hub that would pipe music being played live by two musicians playing 24 hours a day.
12. Facebook turned down whatsApp founder Brian Acton for a job before they bought his app for $19 Billion.
13. Steve Wozniak is a collector of phone numbers. After acquiring the number 888-8888 for his cell phone, it proved to be unusable because babies playing with phones kept on calling it.
14. Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel's networth is $1.5 billion at the age of 24, making him the world's youngest billionaire
15. Apple spends $236 to make each iPhone 6s Plus device, which it sells for over three times that value at $749. Also, a 64GB iPhone costs Apple about $17 more to make than a 16 GB iPhone, but Apple charges iPhone buyers $100 more for the increased memory.
The voice of male UK Siri, Jon Briggs, did not know he was the voice of Siri until he recognized his own voice on an iPhone 4s commercial.
17. In 2011, a Norwegian boy named Walter Acre escaped from wolves by playing a heavy metal song by Megadeth on his cell phone.
18. Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight trilogy and Inception, among other films does not use a cell phone or an e-mail because he's just "not interested", it gives him "time to think", and he also prohibits them on the set of a movie.
19. After an 11 year study, cell phones were shown not to increase chances of getting cancer.
20. The electricity needed to power an iPhone for a year costs only $0.47.
AT&T installed a fiberoptic splitter at its facility at 611 Folsom Street in San Francisco that makes copies of all emails, web browsing, and other Internet traffic to and from AT&T customers (including data from iPhones and iPads), and provides those copies to the NSA.
22. An iPhone has about 75 elements in it i.e., two-thirds of the periodic table.
23. iPhone game Clash of Clans generates more than $2 million per day, and in three years is valued at more than $3 billion.
24. Curiosity is an 'experimental' online mobile game by Peter Molyneux promising the winner a 'life-changing' prize. There was a winner (Scott Bryan Henderson), back in May of 2013. He still hasn't gotten his prize.
25. Most modern handheld devices like iPhones contain a mineral called "coltan" that is being produced as a commodity by slaves exploited by rebel armies in the Congo.