41 Amazing Stats That Are Hard to Believe – Part 2

- Sponsored Links -

26Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls

In 1967, 75% of the North American population resided within 500 miles of Niagara Falls.

27. 99% of crocodile offspring are eaten in the first year after birth, by large fish, herons, monitor lizards, and adult crocodiles.

28. Studies have found that the brains of ultra-marathon runners shrank in size by 6% while racing a 4500 kilometers race.

29. 84% of genes known to be associated with human diseases have counterparts in the zebrafish.

30. A lucky 2% of people have a gene for stink-free armpits and are more likely to have dry earwax (as opposed to wet or sticky).

Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History



The sun makes up 99.8% of the mass in the solar system.

32. A little over 3% of the population of the small Central American nation of Belize speaks some form of German as their native language. This is due to the Mennonite farming communities in the country.

33. According to a study published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, unattractive people receive 175–305% longer sentences than attractive people.

34. Sleeping in a cold room can help you slim down. A study shows sleeping in a 66 degree room (Fahrenheit) can help increase your fat burning ability by 10%.

35. 93% of shark attacks around the world between 1580 and 2010 were on males.

- Sponsored Links -

36Musical anhedonia

Musical anhedonia

Roughly 3-5% of the world’s population has apathy toward music known as "musical anhedonia," in which their brain is biologically incapable of responding to any music whatsoever.

37. About 90% of the human population is right-handed, while the remaining 10% are either left-handed or have some degree of ambidexterity, though people with “true” ambidexterity, i.e., no dominant hand at all, only make up about 1% of the population.

38. About 40% of the calls that come into the emergency hotline (911) in San Francisco are deemed nonemergencies. Examples include people complaining about rap music next door, car towing, and, in one case, no internet.

39. About 80-90% of high school graduates in Singapore are myopic. The same is true in China, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea, all places where kids now spend far more time hunched over a desk or computer than the previous generations. Some studies estimate that about half the world could need glasses by 2050.

40. Roughly 25% of women or 33% of men snort when they laugh.

- Sponsored Links -



Nguyen is a very common Vietnamese family name. By some estimates, 40% of Vietnamese people bear this surname.

- Sponsored Links -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here