26Underground Nuclear Bunkers
A Million People in China Live in Underground Nuclear Bunkers
27. When we burn fat, the 'lost weight' is exhaled as carbon dioxide and water.
28. The movie Troll (1986) features a character named Harry Potter who navigates the world full of witches, wizards, and magic to save his family
29. The Shakopee Mdewakanton Tribe is the richest Native American Tribe, with each member being paid $1 million per year from casino profits. And there is a voluntary 99.2 percent unemployment rate within the tribe.
30. You should measure the blood pressure in both of your arms. If there is a large difference, this may signify an increased risk of cardiovascular disease or even death.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
Room of Forgotten Souls
Joe Arridy, a man with an IQ of 46 and the "happiest prisoner on death row." He spent his time on death row playing with a toy train. He went into the gas chamber with a smile.
32. After the 1947 murder of Elizabeth Short (better known as the Black Dahlia), reporters called her mother, telling her that her daughter had won a beauty contest, once they pried enough personal information for their story, they informed her that her daughter had been murdered.
33. There is a residential area in Stockholm, Sweden just north of the Stockholm University that has a tradition whereby at 10 PM every Tuesday the residents open their windows and scream for several minutes to relieve stress caused by university exams.
34. Gary Cooper was offered a part in the movie Gone with the Wind but rejected it saying, "Gone With the Wind is going to be the biggest flop in Hollywood history. I’m glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling flat on his nose, not me". It became the highest grossing film of all time for inflation.
35. The 5th oldest tree in the world was destroyed when a 26-year-old model set a fire to see better while she was smoking meth inside the hollow trunk. She was turned in by friends after showing them pictures of the fire and telling them "I can't believe I burned down a tree older than Jesus."
36"Kids" word copyrights
MGMT was offered 1€ after the French UMP party used "Kids" without copyright permission. They settled for 30,000€.
37. Toby Spribille grew up in a trailer park without proper education; no American university would take him, but a German university decided to overlook it. In 2016 he overturned 150 years of biology with discovering that lichens are actually not alliances between two but three organisms
38. Morgan Freeman turned down a drama scholarship because he dreamed of being an Air Force fighter pilot. He spent four years as a tracking radar repairman. At age 65, he finally earned his private pilot license.
39. Canada's CANDU nuclear reactors are designed to use fuel from decommissioned nuclear weapons, can be refueled while running at full power, and are considered among the safest and most cost effective in the world.