26Holland water lines
Netherlands has a plan where flooding the country could be used as a defense strategy and this can easily be done by destroying various flood defenses in case of attack by a foreign country.
27. IKEA is an acronym which stands for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd, which is the founder's name, a farm where he grew up, and hometown.
28. The walk disturbance (where a person is so worried about how they walk that they may lose balance) may appear with social anxiety, especially when passing a group of people.
29. Obsession used to refer to being controlled by demons outside your body (whereas possession was being controlled by demons inside the body)
30. Scottish Town Arnprior population of 200 people painted wiggly lines on a straight road to confuse and slow down fast drivers.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
Not only does regularly donating blood help others, but it has shown to reduce the risk of heart attacks by 88%
32. Before he ever wrote a feature film, Mel Brooks made an animated short where he improvised the voice of an old Jewish man forced to sit through an art house film. That short was called The Critic and it won him an Oscar.
33. Sprouts that come out of old potatoes are poisonous and can cause an array of symptoms ranging from vomiting to paralysis.
34. In 2009, Stephen Hawking held a reception for time travelers but didn't publicize it until after it had happened. This way, only those who could travel back in time would be able to attend.
35. Unmarried Iranian people who have sex or even date and hold hands can be arrested, fined, or flogged. Sigheh or temporary marriage is a loophole to this. People can marry for a few minutes or as long as 99 years.
The Sentinelese, an indigenous population that lives on North Sentinel Island. They have lived there virtually untouched by modern civilization for thousands of years. Any intruders on their island have been met with lethal hostility.
37. The average member of the U.S. Congress makes $174,000 per year and it has been that way since 2009
38. Fika is a concept in Swedish culture that means "to have coffee, cake, and a chit-chat". It's a big part of the culture and most companies have two daily Fika breaks at 9 am and at 3 pm.
39. There is a soccer team (Athletic Bilbao) in Spain that since 1912 has only signed players who were born or raised in the Basque Country (where less than 7% of Spain's population live). Despite that, the team is one of the most successful teams in Spain and is one of the only teams never to be relegated