Michael Jackson was the one to suggest to Queen that "Another one Bites The Dust" (written by Queen bassist John Deacon) should be released as a single. Even though Queen didn't think it would do that well.
27. A 1982 World Cup incident where Kuwait's Sheikh stormed onto the field from the stands and threatened to pull his players unless a goal he perceived to be unfair was reversed. The referee then disallowed the goal, marking the only time a World Cup decision was vetoed by a member of the crowd.
28. Scientists use cancer's drive to grow uncontrollably to trick it into producing vast amounts of antibodies to fight, among other diseases, cancer itself.
29. The Paul Hogan "Shrimp on the Barbie" TV commercials were very effective. Australia rose from #78 to #1 or #2 on Americans' list of "dream vacations" after the TV ads began running from 1984 to 1990. They made Hogan famous in the US before 'Crocodile Dundee' (1986) made him a film star.
30. Prince and Kendrick hit the studio to record a song but had no time to record anything because they talked too much.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
The state of Arizona does not observe daylight savings time, but the Navajo Nation located within Arizona does observe daylight savings time, but the Hopi Nation located within the Navajo Nation located in Arizona does not observe daylight savings time.
32. The box-office mega-flop "Battlefield Earth" was co-produced by John Travolta (a Scientologist and the film's villain) and based on an L. Ron Hubbard book. Its production company was convicted of fraud and went bankrupt.
33. The Giant Squid has a doughnut-shaped brain with their esophagus running through the hole in the center. If it swallows anything too big, it could damage its brain.
34. In 2016, Amsterdam Police officers broke down a door to rescue a woman in lingerie standing listlessly at a window. Worried she may be hurt, they first tried to get her attention by ringing the doorbell and banging on the door. They then broke the door down to discover she was a blow-up sex doll.
35. Processed meat has been classified as a ‘definite’ cause of cancer (or Group 1 carcinogen) the same group that includes smoking and alcohol because the "IARC isn’t in the business of telling us how potent something is in causing cancer only whether it does so or not”.
36Rutherford B. Hayes
Future President Rutherford B. Hayes quit his law practice and volunteered for service in the US Civil War in 1861 at almost 40 years old with no prior military experience. He fought at several major battles and was wounded five times.
37. Thor Heyerdahl traveled over 4000 miles across the Pacific Ocean in a wooden raft to demonstrate his theory that Polynesians came from South America.
38. Henry Ford published an anti-smoking book, circulated to youth in 1914, called The Case Against the Little White Slaver, which documented many dangers of cigarette smoking attested to by many researchers and luminaries.
39. By the age of 13, legendary jazz pianist Thelonious Monk, won the weekly amateur contest at the Apollo Theater so many times that he was eventually barred from entering.