Hugh Jackman prepared for 30 days in advance, including 36 hours of dehydration, for the shirtless "Wolverine" scenes.
27. Wolverine was supposed to have a cameo in Spider-Man (2002). Hugh Jackman even flew to New York, but the scene had to be scrapped because his costume was nowhere to be found.
28. Bruce Banner's name was changed to David Banner in The Incredible Hulk because Bruce was considered a stereotypically gay name.
29. Although Stan Lee gave the Hulk's alter ego the alliterative name "Bruce Banner", Lee misremembered it and referred to him as "Bob Banner" in some later stories, an error which readers quickly picked up on. To resolve this discrepancy he decided to officially him “Robert Bruce Banner.”
30. Groot from the Guardian of the Galaxy was one of Stan Lee's first creations at Marvel (and originally a villain), predating Spider-Man and most of the Avengers, including the Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
31Hulk vs Batman
Batman beat the Hulk in a special cross-over comic book, by throwing a can of knock-out-gas at the Hulk’s head, then hitting him in the solar plexus which caused him to breathe in the gas.
32. Stan Lee once commented that he liked to work "science" into all of his stories and that Hulk's pants were the only time he never had a clue how the exact science behind it worked.
33. Hulk is basically indestructible and stacked with superpowers such as breathing underwater, surviving in space, resistant to solar temperatures, and extreme regenerability.
34. Robert Downey Jr. was paid 100x for Iron Man 3, than he was for Iron Man 1. He was paid $500,000 for Iron Man 1 vs. $50 Million for Iron Man 3.
35. Jeff Bridges said of working on Iron Man, “They had no script, man. We would show up for big scenes every day and we wouldn't know what we were going to say. We would go into our trailer and call up writers on the phone, ‘You got any ideas?’”
Terrence Howard was paid more than Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man. He also believes the movie killed his career.
37. At the beginning of Iron Man, Tony Stark's captors are revealing the plot of the entire movie in Urdu, the third most commonly spoken language in the world.
38. Ant-Man made his Marvel comic debut before Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, and Iron-Man.
39. When Patrick Stewart was first asked to consider playing Professor X on film, the actor had no idea who the character was. So when one of the producers handed him an 'X-Men' comic from her desk he responded, "What am I doing on the front of a comic book?"