Bono was campaigning to have first-world taxpayers forgive all third world debt whilst hiding U2's earnings from Irish tax collectors in the Netherlands.
27. Bono wears glasses all the time because he has glaucoma.
28. When Grateful Dead singer Jerry Garcia died, an autopsy was done. In his large intestine, the medical examiner found a bottle cap, a pipe screen, a mascara brush, and a small brass key "probably consumed in Buffalo, between 1979 and 1981."
29. Deep Purple was recognized by The Guinness Book of World Records as the "globe's loudest band". When in a concert at the London Rainbow Theatre their sound reached 117 dB. Three of their audience members were rendered unconscious.
30. Adam Levine once tweeted at Fox News to never play Maroon 5 on their "evil, f*cking channel ever again;" the network went onto disobey his request.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
31Eddie and Alex Van Halen
Eddie and Alex Van Halen's original band “Mammoth” had no P.A. system of their own, so they’d rent David Lee Roth’s system for $50 a night. After years of Eddie singing lead vocals, they figured they could save money by letting David Lee Roth into the band because he had the P.A. system.
32. Eddie Van Halen's guitar solo on Michael Jackson's "Beat It" caused a speaker to catch on fire during its recording.
33. Dimebag Darrell once asked Eddie Van Halen for a copy of his guitar "Bumblebee" from the cover of Van Halen II. Eddie said yes but forgot, but after Dimebag was killed he turned up at the viewing with the original and it is now buried with him.
34. Eddie Van Halen didn't ask for royalties after completing Michael Jackson's "Beat It" song guitar solo, he did it as a favor.
35. Eddie Van Halen actually started out playing the drums. He bought a drum set and his brother bought a guitar. When his brother got better at the drums than him, Eddie said: "OK, f*ck you, I'll play your guitar."
When Quincy Jones called to ask Eddie Van Halen to do the guitar solo on Michael Jackson's "Beat It", Van Halen thought it was a prank call and called Jones an a*shole before hanging up on him.
37. Van Halen's "no brown M&Ms" clause was to check that venues had adhered to the safety standards in the contract. If there were brown M&Ms, it was a tell tale sign they had not.
38. Eddie Van Halen donated 75 of his personal guitars to underfunded music education programs in public schools in Los Angeles.
39. Freddie Mercury had a throat infection at the time of Live Aid concert and was advised by his doctors to not risk performing at the festival. He defied their orders, and Queen's set went down in history as one of the best performances that day.