The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons has a real name, Jeffrey Albertson.
27. Apu Nahasapeemapetilon from The Simpsons has a doctorate in computer science.
28. The middle name of Nelson Muntz from The Simpsons is ‘Mandela.’
29. The word 'Jebus' as used in the Simpsons is in fact an old name for Jerusalem, named after the tribe who had built it.
30. In The Simpsons when Barney shouts "We want Chilli Willi" to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, he is actually calling for "Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers," who were a real pub-rock band from the early 1970s.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
The Simpsons was nearly cancelled before its first episode. When the first episode came back, the animation was so appalling that the staff considered halting show production. 70% of the animation had to be redone before it could air.
32. The Simpsons was originally supposed to end in December 2011 with the series finale episode that eventually aired called "Holidays of Future Passed."
33. The aliens from The Simpsons, Kang and Kodos, have a surname: Johnson.
34. The made-up word from a 1996 Simpsons episode "embiggen" was officially added to the Merriam Webster Dictionary in early March of 2018.
35. The Simpsons episode "Itchy & Scratchy Land" was a response to Fox's attempt to stop the writers from making Itchy & Scratchy shorts after new censorship laws went into place. The network planned to cut the segments themselves but relented after the showrunner threatened to tell the media.
The Space Coyote from The Simpsons episode "The Mysterious Voyage of Homer" was voiced by Johnny Cash.
37. In The Simpsons, Cletus' wife Brandine Spuckler is also his sister.
38. Homer Simpson was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame for the episode 'Homer at the Bat.'