At birth, a baby's eyes aren't developed enough to perceive color or depth. It usually takes about 6 months for their vision to reach adult levels.
27. Humans hear anywhere from 20 to 100 times faster than they can see. Therefore everything we perceive with our ears is coloring every other perception we have, and every conscious thought we have. The sound gets in so fast that it modifies all the other input and sets the stage for it.
28. Humans have eyebrows to keep our eyes clean, and clear from rain, sweat, and light.
29. One possible reason behind hiccups all day is when hair or something else in your ear touches your eardrum.
30. Wisdom teeth are virtually nonexistent in indigenous Mexicans.
31Second Blind Spot
The center of the eye only contains cones, the receptor responsible for color vision. This creates a second blind spot in low light. This explains why it's hard to see clearly when looking directly at objects in the dark.
32. We have taste buds not only on our tongues, but on our lips, our cheeks, the roof of our mouth, and the back of our mouth. That's why it can affect the taste of food when the roof of your mouth gets burned.
33. We have crystals in our ears that sense gravity and give you balance.
34. A sore throat caused by acid reflux is often worse in the morning since acid from the stomach can enter the esophagus, back of the throat, and mouth (contributing to tooth erosion) during the night while you are sleeping
35. People with a lightly pigmented eye color are more sensitive to light than people with dark eyes.
One reason why our faces are asymmetrical is due to our sleeping patterns. Those who sleep on their side or stomach are more likely to have an asymmetrical face.
37. Stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve stainless steel in 4-5 days.
38. We blink approximately 14,000 times/day. That’s 23 mins of each day during which we spend our eyes closed other than when sleeping.