26Dwayne as Willy Wonka
Dwayne Johnson was Tim Burton’s second choice for Willy Wonka in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.’
27. A week before filming ended for Fast & Furious 8, Dwayne Johnson posted an infamous message on Instagram, confirming that the production had endured its share of on-set frictions: "This is my final week of shooting #FastAndFurious8. There's no other series that gets my blood boiling more than this one. An incredible hard-working crew. Universal has been a great partner as well. My female co-stars are always amazing and I love 'em. My male co-stars however are a different story. Some conduct themselves as stand-up men and true professionals, while others don't. The ones that don't are too chicken sh*t to do anything about it anyway. Candy a*ses. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I'm not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling - you're right. Bottom line is it'll play great for the movie and fits this Hobbs character that's embedded in my DNA extremely well. The producer in me is happy about this part. Final week on Fast 8 and I'll finish strong. ;/ #IcemanCometh #F8 #ZeroToleranceForCandyA*ses". The post came after co-star and Executive Producer Vin Diesel reportedly canceled some of Johnson's planned scenes at the last minute. On several occasions, Diesel had also reportedly refused to show up on-set as he was scheduled, leaving hundreds of cast, crew, and extras waiting for on-set for him for more than 6 hours. Diesel confronted Johnson in a secret meeting one day after Dwayne's message was posted online. Johnson later told The Hollywood Reporter that the meeting cleared up a few things. He confirmed that he and Diesel did not shoot scenes together because of "a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach filmmaking and collaborating", but that he was "grateful for that clarity". Although he did not provide details, it was later revealed that the announcement of Johnson's spin-off movie Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw (2019) was one of the main reasons for Diesel's behavior (as it would split up the series, and delay Fast & Furious 9 (2021)). Johnson stated that he would probably pass on Fast & Furious 9, but wished Diesel "all the best and I harbor no ill will there, just because of the clarity we have. Actually, you can erase that last part about 'no ill will.' We'll just keep it with the clarity".
28. The 1990s photo of Dwayne Johnson wearing a fanny pack is a popular internet meme. In the 2016 movie Central Intelligence, Dwayne Johnson’s character wore a fanny pack throughout the movie and the film made multiple comedic references to it.
29. During the shooting of the scene where Hercules breaks free of his chains in the movie Hercules (2014), Dwayne Johnson stated that he “blacked out” after every take, “I asked the prop department to lock me in with real steel chains that I couldn't break, so the performance would be real. When Hercules finally accepts his fate of being the son of Zeus, it's the epic moment of the mythology and our movie. We shot this scene 8 times. I blacked out every time. Down to my knees. Well worth the pain. This moment is iconic. I'm excited for you to see it.”
30. Dwayne Johnson bulked up to nearly 300 pounds for his role in Pain & Gain (2013). At just over $20 million, this movie was also Michael Bay’s lowest-budgeted film since his feature film debut, Bad Boys (1995). Bay, Mark Wahlberg, and Dwayne Johnson took pay cuts to keep the budget down.
31The Rock for Hellboy?
Dwayne Johnson was considered for the role of ‘Hellboy’ before it went to Ron Perlman in Hellboy (2004).
32. While filming Welcome to the Jungle (2003), Dwayne Johnson accidentally sliced Seann William Scott’s arm open with a knife that was supposed to be a blunt prop knife but wasn’t. Although not seriously injured, Scott still required several stitches.
33. In the movie Rampage, whenever Dwayne Johnson's character signs his name ‘Davis’ he is in fact signing ‘Rock’ in American Sign Langauge (ASL).
34. The little boy kicking a ball during the opening credits of the Ballers TV series is the actual footage of young Dwayne Johnson.
35. In preparation for filming the Porsche chase scene in the movie Red Notice (2021), Dwayne Johnson got stuck trying to get into the car, due to his massive frame. Shots were changed and combined in editing, to make Dwayne’s entrance and exit from the Porsche appear seamless.
36Literacy Rate in the USA
According to the U.S. Department of Education, 54% of U.S. adults lack proficiency in literacy, reading below the equivalent of a sixth-grade level.
37. The Russian Soyuz series of spacecraft has been in continual use with the same basic design for 55 years and 140 flights. It is widely considered the world's safest, most cost-effective human spaceflight vehicle. At least one is always docked at the ISS at all times for use as an escape craft.
38. “The Harris’s List” was a directory from the 1700s that catalogued all the prostitutes in London during that period, including their address, price, age and skills. It also rated their performance and described their appearance. It was published annually for decades.
39. The dolly from the Island of Misfit Toys was intended to represent mental illness. Although she appeared to be fine physically, she suffered from depression and low self-esteem due to being abandoned in the past.
40. 8% of modern Spanish words are Arabic in origin, entering Spanish usage during Muslim rule in the southern Iberian peninsula in 711-1492 AD. These loan words often begin with "a-" or "al" (e.g., almuerzo, aceite, arroz, azul) because these sounds mark a definitive noun in Arabic.
41Elizabeth II’s Reign
Queen Elizabeth II has reigned longer than her father, uncle, grandfather and great-grandfather combined (as of January 2022).
42. A white abolitionist named Thomas Garrett despite having a $10,000 bounty on his head worked alongside Harriett Tubman and helped free over 2500 slaves.
43. Frito-Lay ran a market research study in the 90s to rebrand Doritos, which resulted in making the corners of the chips rounded so they broke less and produced fewer scraps at the bottom of the bag.
44. The worst disaster in the New York area before 9/11 was the 1904 burning and sinking of a steamboat named PS General Slocum that killed 955 people. Life jackets aboard the steamboats were useless as some of them had iron weights in them instead of corks which were supposed to help with floatation.
45. In 1947, FBI issued a memo on the film “It’s a Wonderful Life.” The memo stated that the film represented rather obvious attempts to malign bankers and the upper class with the character of Mr. Potter, and accused the film of promoting communism.
46Lee's Spider-Man Inspiration
Stan Lee came up with Spider-Man when he was experiencing writer's block for new superpowers and saw a fly crawling on a wall. Lee then started thinking of names like Insect Man, Fly Man, Stick-to-Wall Man, and Mosquito Man before settling on Spider-Man, because it sounded scary and dramatic.
47. Japan's execution system is done only by hanging, with prisoners in "detention centers" being taken to an execution chamber and dropped to their death using a trapdoor.
48. The recommended depth for CPR (approximately 2 inches) will result in broken ribs or sternum for 30% of patients.
49. Prince Charles is a descendant of the real-life Dracula (Vlad the Impaler).
50. Queen Elizabeth II ordered the guest rooms of her palace to be stripped of valuables before the President of Romania visited in 1978 because she feared he and his wife would steal from her.