Billiards directly contributed to the invention of plastic since ivory was too expensive for billiard balls.
27. Out of the 9 billion tons of plastic humans have created throughout history, half of it has been in the past 13 years.
28. The outdoor clothing company 'Patagonia' use plastic bottles to create polyester fleece garments and are a leading manufacturer in transforming trash into fleece, decreasing their dependence on petrol.
29. Many BPA-free plastics contain BPS, a similar chemical that can affect cells the same way. 81% of Americans have BPS in their urine.
30. Seafood eaters ingest up to 11,000 tiny pieces of plastic every year. Researchers from the University of Ghent in Belgium believe that microplastics accumulate in the body over time and could lead to a long-term health risk.
60% of plastic pollution in the oceans comes from 5 nations namely China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
32. Bill Nye owns several patents, including one for ballet shoes and another for a clear plastic bag filled with water.
33. If you tie a plastic bag around leaves on a tree you'll get enough drinkable water to keep you from dehydration.
34. According to Carrie Fisher, the golden bikini in Princess Leia's slave costume was hard plastic that didn't move with her body, so the other actors got an eyeful. She quipped "if you stood behind me you could see straight to Florida. You'll have to ask Boba Fett about that."
35. Australian dollars are made from a plastic polymer making them waterproof, more durable, and recyclable.