An astronaut named John Young smuggled a corned beef sandwich when aboarded during the first manned gemini space flight.
27. The last Nazi soldiers to surrender in World War 2 did so on September 4, 1945, two days after the official Japanese surrender.
28. Volvo invented 3-point seatbelt and gave it away to save lives
29. The Chinese word for 'superfluous', 画蛇添足 literally means to draw legs on a snake.
30. Lord of the Rings actor Ian McKellen turned down an offer of $1.5 million to officiate a wedding dressed as Gandalf, saying "I am sorry, Gandalf doesn't do weddings."
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
In Ontario, Canada, the disabled do not need fishing licenses. Possession of any number of disabled service documents (e.g. Parking permit, etc.) is equivalent to a fishing license.
32. There is such thing as False Awakening where you think that you have awoken from a dream and proceed with your daily life but you are actually still dreaming
33. President Theodore Roosevelt kept a pet badger in the White House
34. 14th US President, Franklin Pierce recited his 3,319-word inaugural address from memory, without the aid of notes.