Land Rover's first design had the steering wheel in the middle so it could be used in left or right side driving counties without modifications.
27. The aerodynamics of the McLaren P1 create more downforce than the weight of the car itself. The rear wing also retracts past 150mph to prevent the downforce from breaking the suspension.
28. Ford once created a vehicle made out of plant materials. "Ford's 1941 biological car that was made of soybean, wheat, hemp, flax and ramie fibers in a soy-based phenolic resin weighed 1,000 pounds less than a steel car".
29. The last car to have a cassette deck as a standard equipment was the Lexus SC430, in 2010.
30. Rolls Royce offers a course called "White Glove Experience" to teach chauffeur's how to, among other things, minimize fingerprints on door handles and brake the car without kickback.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
The ignition on all Porsches is located on the left side of the wheel. This is because back when Porsche was primarily a racing team, the driver could save a fraction of a second by starting the car with his left hand, while simultaneously switching the car into gear with his right hand.
32. The Mercedes-Benz SLS has explosive bolts that separate the doors from the car for the easy exit during a serious accident.
33. One of the fastest speeds ever achieved on the German Autobahn was 432kph (268mph) in a Mercedes-Benz W125, in the year 1938.
34. At top speed, the Bugatti Veyron will empty its 26-gallon tank in 12 minutes.