2645th Infantry Division
The 45th Infantry Division of the United States Army used a swastika on a red background as a unit symbol until the 1930s. The division wore the patch while fighting against Germany in World War 1.
27. The US Military did not help Marvel with The Avengers (2012) because they could not understand the role of SHIELD in the chain of command.
28. The US military uses dolphins to find and identify underwater mines because they are better at it than humans.
29. The US military allows Norse Heathens to grow beards and the Hammer of Thor symbol is allowed on headstones.
30. One of the highest honors in the US military is to serve as a Sentinel at the Tomb of the Unknowns where fewer than 20 percent of all volunteers are accepted for training and of those only a fraction pass training to become full-fledged Tomb Guards.
31M1150 Assault Breacher Vehicle
The US military has a modified version of the M1 Abrams tank called the M1150 Assault Breacher Vehicle that can plow through minefields with ease and launch a rocket-propelled "explosive sausage" capable of destroying barricades in an area the size of a football field (the M58 MICLIC).
32. In 1971, the US military kicked out the inhabitants of Diego Garcia Atoll to build a military base. Some (not all) inhabitants received only $6000 of restitution 15 years later.
33. In the 1980s, the US military proposed putting nuclear missiles in concealed railcars (Peacekeeper Rail Garrison) throughout the country as a countermeasure against a possible Soviet attack