Google Maps calculates traffic by tracking how fast Android devices are moving on the road.
27. UCLA students call about 11,000 Uber and Lyft rides every week for very short rides that never even leave the campuses.
28. Uber ran a coordinated campaign against Lyft called Operation SLOG that involved requesting, then canceling over 5000 rides as well as direct recruitment of Lyft drivers on rides.
29. Angry Birds and Clash of Clans have helped rejuvenate Finland's economy after Nokia's downfall.
30. King Digital Entertainment, the company that made Candy Crush was acquired for $5.9 billion while Lucasfilm was purchased by Disney for only $4 billion.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
Skype would have named it "Skyper" because the software is derived from “Sky peer-to-peer.” However, some of the domain names associated with "Skyper" were already taken.
32. Most social media negatively impact the mental health of teenagers, particularly girls. This has led to increasing suicide rates and depression. The worst offender found is Instagram in 2017 and institutions have tried to have a warning label on images that have been Photoshopped or edited.
33. Pentagon had staff stop playing Pokemon Go with a memo titled "Pokemon stop" and to play the game only when outside.