Amish people end formal education at the 8th grade. This is mainly because they value apprenticeship and hands-on learning, and that more advanced learning can foster anti-Christian beliefs and counter their values.
27. Noisestorm earned $50,000 from Epic Games for using their Unreal 4 game engine to create the music video for Crab Rave, "for having the most creative and original use of their software. "
28. "Chocolate Poisoning" isn't just for dogs and cats. Humans can be poisoned by chocolate if they eat enough. The cause is a substance called Theobromine, found in chocolate, tea, and cola drinks. Dogs and cats metabolize it slowly which is why smaller doses are deadlier to them.
29. Ernest Hemmingway was gifted a 6-toed cat named Snow White. Snow White's 40-50 descendants still live at his Florida home. Over half of them also have 6 toes.
30. The Hoover Dam contains enough concrete to pave a 16-foot-wide, 8-inch-thick road from San Francisco to New York City.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
Russia attempted to send a satellite, Luna 15, to the moon to collect rocks and fire them back to Earth to beat the US in obtaining them first. In the end, Luna 15 crashed into the moon a safe distance away, just a few hours before Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin began their journey home.
32. The inventor of the GameBoy and Duck Hunt, Gunpei Yokoi, died in his fifties after rear-ending someone and then being hit by a car when he went to check on them.
33. American author Ursula K. Le Guin once rejected an offer from Hayao Miyazaki to adapt her Earthsea series for the screen but changed her mind after watching Miyazaki's film My Neighbor Totoro.