When Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., some people hid in Herculaneum's boathouses for shelter. When pyroclastic flows reached them, they were hit with a heatwave so intense that it instantly boiled and vaporized their brains, making their skulls explode.
27. Edward Eagan from Denver, Colorado is the only Olympian to receive gold in both the winter and summer Olympics, for bobsled and boxing.
28. There is a mushroom (Candy cap mushrooms) that tastes exactly like maple syrup.
29. Sneha Anne Philip is officially considered to be one of the victims of 9/11. Being a doctor who lived nearby, it's believed that she died trying to help the injured at Ground Zero. There's just one problem: no one saw her there or indeed, anywhere at all. She went missing on 9/10.
30. Randy Bachman (of Bachman Turner Overdrive) wrote the stammering parts in their hit ‘You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet’ to tease his brother Garry, who had a speech impediment when he was younger.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
31Jesus Christ time
End of the world predictions have been part of the whole of modern human civilization. There are predictions about the end of the world going back to the time of Jesus Christ and it hasn't stopped.
32. Jordache, the company famous for skinny jeans in the 70s and 80s, now makes most of its money in real estate, hotel and restaurant chains and airlines.
33. Anish Kapoor owns the exclusive rights to the blackest black and another artist called Stuart Semple created the pinkest pink for everyone to use apart from Anish.