Bob Marley, against popular belief, didn't believe in smoking marijuana for recreation. He thought cannabis should be used for religious and medicinal purposes.
27. Rihanna was sued for her use of the sample "Mama-say, mama-sa, ma-ma-ko-ssa" in her song "Please Don't Stop the Music" because she only got permission for using it via Michael Jackson from his use of the sample in "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin" and not from the original artist Manu Dibango.
28. David Bowie was so messed up on hard drugs, especially cocaine that he does not recall making the album “Station to Station.” When asked about the studio he recorded in, Bowie stated: “I know it was in LA because I’ve read it was.”
29. Neil Young once wired up his house to be the left speaker and the barn as his right speaker so that he could listen to music from a boat in the middle of his lake.
30. Canadian-American singer Neil Young wrote "Cinnamon Girl", "Down by the River", the title track, and "Cowgirl in the Sand", all on a single day while suffering from a 103°F (39.5°C) fever.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
Johnny Cash was born with the name J.R. Cash because his parents couldn't think of a name. When he enlisted in the Air Force, they wouldn't let him use his initials, so he began to call himself John.
32. When Jay Z was 12, he shot his older brother for stealing his ring for drug money.
33. Jimi Hendrix could play guitar 4 different ways: "Normal" Right-handed (low E on top); "Normal" Left-handed (righty guitar flipped and restrung); Reverse Right-handed (treble E on top); Reverse Left-handed (righty guitar flipped/treble E on top).