Before 1913 parents could mail their kids to their grandparents through the postal service.
2. A group of elephants is a parade, a group of owls is a parliament and a group of wild cats is called a destruction.
3. The filling in a Kit Kat is broken up Kit Kat's.
4. If you heat up a magnet, it loses its magnetism.
5. A guy named Michel Lotito ate an entire airplane. It took him several years but he did it.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
The little jump guinea pigs do when they're happy is called popcorning.
7. The color red doesn’t make bulls angry. Bulls are colorblind.
8. Kangaroos can’t walk backward.
9. Humans are bioluminescent and glow in the dark, but the light is very weak and our eyes are even weaker to pick it up.
10. Male seahorses carry the babies in their tummy instead of the mommy.
Violin bows are usually made from horsehair.
12. There is the letter ‘D’ in Fridge but not in Refrigerator.
13. A day on Venus takes longer to complete than a year on Venus. It simply takes longer for Venus to do one complete rotation around its own axis, than it does for the planet to rotate around the sun.
14. Flamingos turn pink from eating shrimp.
15. A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
If you keep a goldfish in a dark room it will turn white.
17. Koalas sleep 22 hours a day.
18. Sea otters hold hands when they sleep.
19. There are more trees on Earth than stars in the Galaxy.
20. Brigadier Sir Nils Olav is a king penguin. He is colonel-in-chief of the Norwegian King’s Guard, as well as the mascot. He currently lives in the Edinburgh Zoo in Scotland.
Fleas can jump around 130 times their own height. So if a flea were a person six feet high, it can jump 780 feet high just like that.
22. Bananas are berries, but strawberries aren’t.
23. Parrotfish poop, on average, 700 pounds of sand per year.
24. You can always see your own nose, but your brain learns to ignore it.
25. Zebras are black with white stripes, not white with black stripes.