26Mars candy bar
The Mars candy bar is sold worldwide except in the USA.
27. In the US, in order to be legally called "chocolate", a product must contain cocoa butter. Phrases like "chocolatey" and "chocolate flavored" are used for products that do not contain cocoa butter, but instead use other vegetable oils. These have a different taste than "real chocolate".
28. An average German eats 114 chocolate bars a year, whereas an average American eats 51.
29. Candy Canes was initially created to get kids to shut-up in Church.
30. M&Ms were invented in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting. During the war, the candy was sold exclusively to the military.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
During World War 2, Tootsie Rolls was added to soldiers' rations thanks to their durability in all weather conditions.
32. There is a large black market for chocolate pies in North Korea.