1HMS Vengeance R-71
Brazil once tried to sell an aircraft carrier (HMS Vengeance R-71) on eBay.
2. The first item sold on eBay was a broken laser pointer, and when asked in an email by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar if he was aware that the laser pointer was broken, the buyer replied that “I’m a collector of broken laser pointers.”
3. James Blunt "sold his sister" on eBay as a "damsel in distress" when she (Emily Blunt) could not find transportation to a funeral. She ended up marrying the man that won the auction.
4. In the year 2006, an Australian tried to sell New Zealand on eBay.
5. The town of Buford, Wyoming was sold on eBay for $900,000.
6Legend of Zelda prototype cartridge
In 2012, a Legend of Zelda prototype cartridge was sold for $55,000 on eBay.
7. The phone number "867-5309" sold on eBay for $365,000 in 2009.
8. Wrestling legend Superstar Billy Graham sold his WWE Hall of Fame ring on eBay because he was pissed at Vince McMahon.
9. In 2002, NASA bought servicing and support gear for shuttles on eBay because components were so out of date they were no longer made. They brought 1970s Intel 8086 chips and eight-inch floppy disk drives.
10. Three diamonds were made from strands of Ludwig van Beethoven's hair, and one was later sold for $202,700 on eBay.
When Gmail first launched with 1GB of space, unheard of at the time, invitations were sold on eBay for as high as $125.
12. A cornflake, shaped like the state of Illinois, was sold on eBay for $1,350.
13. In 2011, a classified stealth aircraft (A-12 Avenger II) canopy appeared on eBay for $620,238. Little has been written about it since.
14. A man once tried to pay an outstanding bill of $233.95 by providing a drawing of a 7-legged spider. They refused to accept the drawing as payment, and it was eventually sold on eBay for $10,000.
15. There is a recipe section on eBay (and people actually pay for them).
16The Walking Dead comic
The No. 1 'The Walking Dead" comic was sold for $10,000 on eBay.
17. In 2009, a 10-year-old British girl named Zoe Pemberton tried to sell her grandmother Marian Goodall on eBay.
18. The most expensive item sold on eBay was Frank Mulder's Gigayacht, which sold for $168 million in 2006.
19. In 2018, a lunch with Warren Buffett, the third richest man in the world, sold for $3.3 million on eBay.
20. You can buy used prosthetic human eyes on eBay.
There is a guy auctioning off his "best friend" on eBay for $2.5. His best friend is a playing card and apparently, Justin Bieber touched it.
22. The town of Albert, Texas was auctioned on eBay for $2 million.
23. In October 2008, Iceland was put up for sale on eBay (not including singer Björk).
24. 'Virgin Mary' toast was sold on eBay for $28,000.
25. The town of Bridgeville, California, has been up for sale on eBay three times.