When Eminem wanted to get clean, he called Elton John who then helped him for 18 months to kick his addiction to Vicodin, Ambien, and other prescription drugs.
2. In order to ensure Kendrick Lamar didn't have a ghostwriter, Eminem kicked everyone out of the studio and made him write a verse on the spot.
3. Eminem bought Elton John 2 diamond cock rings for his civil partnership.
4. Stephen Colbert once took over a public access cable show in Michigan to interview Eminem on the air.
5. During the rap battle montages in 8 Mile, Eminem would mime to save his voice. However after one rapper got a particularly good audience reaction, he turned his mic on and improvised a verse in response rather than let himself be beaten.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
6Eminem's school life
Eminem was so severely bullied in public school that his mother sued the local school board for "failing to sufficiently protect her child".
7. When Eminem was interviewed on 60 Minutes, he showed Anderson Cooper how to rhyme the word "orange" by making it two syllables: "I put my orange four-inch door-hinge in storage and ate porridge with George."
8. Eminem created Slim Shady when D12 (short for the dirty dozen) was formed. It included 6 rappers and their 6 alter egos.
9. Eminem tried killing himself in 1997 after he was fired from his job and couldn't afford a gift for his daughter.
10. Ed Sheeran cites Eminem as one of his biggest musical influences.
Game considers Eminem to be "the most lyrically insane" hip-hop artist alive and when asked what he would do if Eminem started an industry beef with him he simply said, "Run."
12. Eminem once took so much Methadone, doctors informed him that he had taken the equivalent of four bags of heroin, and was "about two hours from dying."
13. Eminem was offered the lead role in the 2013 sci-fi movie, Elysium. He was interested but he turned it down due to one major condition not being met: Elysium would have to be shot in his hometown, Detroit.
14. Dr. Dre didn't know Eminem was white when he decided to work with him.
15. When Eminem heard Ice Ice Baby for the first time, he "felt like he didn't want to rap anymore."
16Slim Shady LP
Eminem recorded his Slim Shady LP under the influence of ecstasy. Dr. Dre described the experience by saying "We get in there, get bugged out, stay in the studio for f*ckin' two days. Then you're dead for three days. Then you wake up, pop the tape in, like, 'Let me see what I've done.'"
17. Eminem repeated the 9th grade three times.
18. Eminem once held a top 30 world record score in Donkey Kong.
19. In a 14-page ruling, a Michigan judge used rap verses to dismiss a defamation case against Eminem.
20. There is a film parody of "The Blair Witch Project" titled "Da Hip Hop Witch," which features appearances by Eminem, Ja Rule, Mobb Deep, Pras, Rah Digga, Vitamin C and Vanilla Ice.
There is a widespread conspiracy theory that Eminem died in 2006 and was replaced by a lookalike.
22. In 2001, British author Giles Foden (Last King of Scotland) compared Eminem to Robert Browning, one of the foremost Victorian poets, and remarked that "a brief examination of ‘Stan’ reveals it to have all the depth and texture of the greatest examples of English verse."
23. Eminem was an anonymous donor to a Detroit charity, giving $105,000 in one year. When it was brought to light that he was the anonymous donor, he matched donations up to $100,000 the next year.
24. Kim Mathers told Eminem to not perform the infamous song "Kim" at a concert she was attending. He proceeded to come out on stage with a blonde blow up doll and choke it to "death", she went home and slit her wrists.
25. Eminem's song 'Rap God' is in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most words in a song (1,560 words in 6:04 minutes at an average of 4.28 words per second)