Ambiancé is a film scheduled to be released on New Year's Eve 2020 that is planned to be 30 days long. A trailer released in 2016 lasted 7 hours 20 minutes. The movie is planned to be destroyed after its sole showing.
2. Three composers created "The Most Unwanted Song" based on an opinion poll of annoying musical elements in 1997. It includes bagpipes, a rapping opera singer, children singing about Christmas shopping at Walmart, and much more. It is twenty-two minutes long.
3. The film '100 Years' is due to be released in November 2115. It is written by and starring John Malkovich. The film is kept in a high-tech, bulletproof glass safe that will open automatically on its release date, 100 years after its announcement.
4. Elephants are capable of playing music, and with the help of the National Elephant Institute and neuroscientist David Sulzer, the Thai Elephant Orchestra was created in 2000. To date, they have released three albums.
5. One of the longest film ever made is ‘Modern Times Forever’ which was released in 2011. It has a duration of 240 hours or 10 days and shows centuries of decay, compressed into the span of the film.
6The Day The Clown Cried
Jerry Lewis directed and starred in "The Day The Clown Cried", a movie about Helmut Doork, a German clown in a Nazi concentration camp who was used to entertain and eventually lead the kids to the gas chambers.
7. Tout-à-Coup Jazz was an African jazz band from the 1970s whose membership included two future Burkinabé dictators, Thomas Sankara, and Blaise Compaoré, with the latter overthrowing the other in a 1987 coup. Unbelievably, the band's name was purely coincidental.
8. "Taylor Mead's A*s" is a 70-minute long film consisting entirely of a shot of Mead's buttocks which was directed by Andy Warhol.
9. First on the Moon is a 2005 Russian mockumentary science fiction film about a fictional 1930s Soviet landing on the Moon. The film, which went on to win many awards, was the debut of the director Aleksei Fedorchenko.
10. In 1964, Andy Warhol created a movie called 'empire'. It consists of slow-motion footage of the Empire State Building and is over 8 hours long.
In 2010, an online campaign managed to get John Cage's composition 4′33″, which consists of four minutes and 33 seconds of silence, to hit No. 21 on the UK Singles Chart.
12. The longest movie ever made is Logistics which is 857 hours (35 days) long. It films the journey of a pedometer in reverse chronological order from end sales to manufacturing in real time.
13. A 1975 album named Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed consists of 64 minutes of audio feedback, widely believed to have either been an elaborate joke, or an attempt by Reed to escape from a record label contract.
14. "The Longest, Most Meaningless Movie in the World" is actually the 6th Longest movie in the world. The running time of the movie is 48 hours.
15. There is a musical piece called 'As Slow as Possible', written to be played literally as slow as possible (while strictly adhering to the score's temporal proportions). An ongoing performance of the score began in a German church on September 5th, 2001 and will end on September 5th, 2640.
16Flintstones & WWE Crossover
In 2015, there was a direct-to-video Flintstones/WWE cross-over movie. This was a spiritual successor to the WWE/Scooby-Doo crossover starring John Cena.
17. An Austrian orchestra named Das Erste Wiener Gemüseorchester that plays their music with vegetables.
18. A British music group named Chumbawamba holds the record for the longest album title at 865 characters. It starts with "The Boy Bands Have Won."
19. In 2015, funk band Vulfpeck took advantage of Spotify's payment system and released a 5-minute album consisting of just silence called "Sleepify", told their fans to listen to it on repeat while they slept, and ended up making $20,000 which funded future album releases and tours.
20. Helikopter-Streichquartett is a string quartet by Karlheinz Stockhausen that must be played in four circling helicopters, the sound remixed, chopper sounds and all, for an audience on the ground.