Michael Jackson composed songs despite not playing any instruments. He would build each element of a track with his voice, so pitch perfect that studio musicians could match chords to his singing.
2. Michael Jackson wanted to do a Harry Potter musical but J.K. Rowling said no.
3. Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury collaborated with each other in the 80s, but Mercury broke it off because Jackson kept bringing in his pet llama to the recording studio.
4. Michael Jackson admired Eminem as an artist but was disappointed when the rapper made fun of him in "Just Lose It" and said that "I've never attacked a fellow artist. Great artists don't do that".
5. Michael Jackson used to 'relentlessly' prank call Russell Crowe.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
Not only is Thriller by Michael Jackson the highest selling album of all time at 110 million worldwide, its total sales are greater than the number two (Dark Side of the Moon) and three (Back in Black) albums on the same list combined.
7. Despite rumors and debate Michael Jackson actually did voice mental patient Leon Kompowksi in The Simpsons. He is credited under a pseudonym.
8. Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney and Phil Collins are the only musicians to have sold over 100 million albums as a solo artist and member of a group.
9. Michael Jackson cast 80 members of the Los Angeles' Crips and Bloods for the music video "Beat It" in hopes to foster peace between them.
10. Michael Jackson had a meeting at the WTC on 9/11 but, he overslept.
11Do The Bartman
Michael Jackson, though he did not receive credit, wrote: "Do The Bartman" after calling the producers of "The Simpsons" and offering to write Bart a number-one single.
12. Michael Jackson campaigned for the lead in the 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' remake, even recording an entire soundtrack free of charge for the film. When Tim Burton refused to cast him, Jackson declared 'If I can't have the part, they're not getting the soundtrack'.
13. Michael Jackson tried to buy Marvel Comics in the early 1990's so that he could play Spider-Man in his own produced movie.
14. Michael Jackson worked on the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, but quit either because of his child molestation scandal that was going on, or that he was disappointed with the sound of the Sega Genesis. Some samples of his songs still remain in the game, though.
15. Workers at Google believed the site was under a DDoS attack due to the extreme volume of people searching for Michael Jackson on the day of his death.
Michael Jackson pursued the role of the Riddler in Batman Forever before the part was given to Jim Carrey.