Leonardo DiCaprio turned down the role of Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels.
77. Jurassic Park's visual effects were so groundbreaking to filmmakers that it inspired George Lucas to start working on the Star Wars prequels, Stanley Kubrick to invest in the pet project, A.I Artificial Intelligence, and Peter Jackson to work on Lord of the Rings.
78. The Star Wars expanded universe featured an elaborate backstory for Han Solo's pants
79. The production of Star Wars, Peter Cushing found Grand Moff Tarkin's boots, furnished by the wardrobe department, to be very uncomfortable. George Lucas agreed to limit shots where Cushing's feet would be visible, allowing him to wear his own slippers.
80. Mark Hamill thought Star Wars might have been a parody film when he first read the script.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
George Lucas 'ideally would love not to see any footage [of the newest Star Wars film: The Force Awakens] until he walks into the theater in December. He has never been able to be surprised by a Star Wars film before and he said he was looking forward to it.'
82. Colin McGregor, the brother of Star Wars actor Ewan McGregor, is a British RAF pilot and goes by the call-sign "Obi Two"
83. George Lucas was neither the director, producer, or screenwriter for Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. The film eventually became the most critically acclaimed chapter in the Star Wars saga.
84. Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca from Star Wars) had to be accompanied by people wearing brightly-colored vests while filming Endor scenes in the Pacific Northwest, as to not be mistaken for Bigfoot and shot.
85. George Lucas built his $4 Billion ‘Star Wars’ empire by accepting a salary of $125K instead of $1M in the first Star Wars movie, but keeping the right to direct sequels and licensing (sell toys, posters, T-shirt, etc.)
86Library of Congress
The Library of Congress in the US has the unadulterated 35mm print of "Star Wars" submitted to them in 1977 for copyright, and anyone can watch it by prior appointment.
87. In the Star Wars universe, there is a Sith lord, Darth Vectivus, who became a Sith strictly out of curiosity. He maintained the ethics he'd kept as a businessman, engaged in no extreme violence, used the Dark Side of the Force as a tool for study, and died at his home among friends and family.
88. The Machete Order, a supposed superior way to watch the Star Wars saga. It sets up the story with Ep IV and V then uses the prequels as a flashback (excluding Ep I) and ties it all together with Ep VI.
89. Star Wars: The Force Awakens was co-written by Lawrence Kasdan, the same man who wrote The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
90. George Lucas gave Mel Brooks his blessing to make Spaceballs on the condition that no action figures be made, as they could be confused with actual Star Wars toys.
Mark Hamill has responded a few times to questions about Luke's sexuality in Star Wars saying “If you think Luke is gay, of course, he is. You should not be ashamed of it. Judge Luke by his character, not by who he loves.”
92. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith has the most visual effects for any film, ever
93. In Star Wars: Episode III, Ewan McGregorand Hayden Christensen (Obi-Wan & Anakin) practiced their duel so much and so long that as a result, the speed that Obi-Wan & Anakin duel (in the completed film) is at the actual speed it was filmed. The scene is better known as "The Duel on Mustafar"
94. Topher Grace edited together the Star Wars prequels into an 85-minute film that was described by Peter Sciretta of Slashfilms as "probably the best possible edit of the Star Wars prequels given the footage released and available."
95. Traditional firearms exist in the Star Wars universe. They are called "slugthrowers" and are preferred weapons of bounty hunters for their unique advantages over blasters
Carrie Fisher was a script doctor (uncredited writer brought in to fix a movie) on Hook, Sister Act, Lethal Weapon 3, The Wedding Singer, and all 3 of the Star Wars prequels
97. George Lucas refused to send an original print of Star Wars for preservation at the National Film Registry
98. Star Wars Fans have spent countless hours to make a "Star Wars: Despecialized Edition" Which is The original, Unaltered Trilogy in HD
99. No physical clone trooper armor was ever produced for Star Wars prequels. Every Clone trooper was CGI.
100. David Prowse (Darth Vader) was offered one of two roles in Star Wars by George Lucas. The first was Chewbacca. The second was the villain. Before Lucas had a chance to explain the role, Prowse accepted it. Why? Because according to him people never forget the villain.