The largest confirmed moose was 7'6" (2.33 m) tall at the shoulder, the same height as NBA star Yao Ming.
77. During this time in the NBA, Sudanese-born American Basketballer Manute Bol was responsible for popularizing the expression "my bad" when he made a bad pass to teammates at his tenure with Golden State due to his dialect
78. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are tied for second with 5 games scoring 60 points or more in an NBA game. Wilt Chamberlain is first having done it 32 times.
79. When the 7'7 Manute Bol was drafted into the NBA he could only bench 45 pounds, squat 55 pounds, and sported a 31" waist.
80. Former NBA Player Junior Bridgeman is now worth nearly $400 Million despite being a bench player his entire career
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
Seattle is home to the only NBA game to have been forfeited on account of rain.
82. When Michael Jordan returned to the NBA in 2001, he donated his salary as a player to a relief effort for 9/11 victims
83. Wilt Chamberlain, the former NBA superstar, went 14 seasons without ever fouling out of a game
84. NBA ref Dick Bavetta has not missed an assigned game since 1975. 2600+ consecutive games worked.
85. Baseball hall-of-Famer Dave Winfield is the only person to be drafted by four leagues for three different sports. He was drafted by MLB, the NFL, the ABA, and the NBA
Tim Duncan loves Dungeons and Dragons so much that he wanted to be called Merlin when he joined the NBA.
87. Only 8 teams have won the NBA championship in the last 30 years
88. In 2014, more people watched the League of Legends Championship than the World Series, NBA Finals, BCS Championship, or the Final Four
89. The 2000 NBA draft, considered to be one of the worst in history, was the only draft that produced an average number of wins below replacement level. In other words, the 2000 draft actually made the NBA less talented.
90. NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a huge Sherlock Holmes fan and wrote a novel focusing on Sherlock Holmes' Brother Mycroft.
NBA player Allen Iverson signed a lifetime endorsement contract with Reebok in 2001 that would pay him $800,000 a year until he reaches age 55 to where he would then receive a final lump sum payment of $32,000,000.
92. The reason NBA teams have the white home jersey rule mainly due to the fact in the early days away teams didn't have laundry facilities so they would wear darker clothes to hide dirt.
93. David Robinson, one of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time, graduated from the Naval Academy and was drafted into the NBA in 1987 but waited two years to enter so he could fulfill his service contract to the Navy.
94. Actor Chuck Connors,(The Rifleman) was one of only 12 athletes in the history of American professional sports to have played for both the NBA and MLB. He was also credited as the first pro basketball player to break a backboard.
95. After winning back-to-back MVP awards, NBA star Steve Nash spent the summer of 2008 working as an unpaid intern in Manhattan.
NBA player Kris Humphries was once a better swimmer than Michael Phelps.
97. According to a study done at Arizona State white males are 75% more likely to make it to the NBA if they come from a wealthy home
98. Crime in Chicago drops 15% when the Bears are on NFL Monday Night Football; smaller drops occur during NBA and MLB games. All crime types are affected especially drugs. A 25% drop during Super Bowls is partially counterbalanced by increased crime before and after games.
99. The NBA player who scored the most points in the '80s wasn't Bird, Magic, Jordan or anyone with a shoe named after them. It was Alex English, who only led his team to the Conference Finals once and never played in the NBA finals
100. The man who designed the NBA logo also invented the 1040-EZ tax form
who says that Tim Duncan was a good player? Pete Maravich was far better than Tim… :/ don’t me or anyone that Tim was good even..
Tim duncan has 5 championships won how many does Pete have? o right 0
yeah i heard he is a good player and that he and his team is good
The best player ever was and is Isaac Bonga
Nope. Zaza Pachulia
no the best was michael jordan
Naw…it was Luisa Harris