SR-71's Energy Secret

SR-71's Energy Secret

80% of the SR-71 Blackbird’s thrust at Mach 3.2 was generated from its ability to harness energy from the shock waves it created, thanks to special retractable spikes in front of its inlets. Its engines generated the other 20% of thrust.

Previous Fact Next Fact
Categories: Science

Latest FactRepublic Video

20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1