Kim Kardashian was paid to post a selfie on Instagram and Twitter advertising a pharmaceutical product. Sent to 42 million followers on Instagram and 32 million on Twitter, this illegal advertisement did not contain any risk information or language specifying that it was a paid endorsement.
2. Selena Gomez earns £425,000 (approx. $500,000) per sponsored content post on Instagram.
3. When Facebook acquired Instagram for about $1 billion, the company had just 13 employees.
4. Selena Gomez has the most followers with 128 million. Cristiano Ronaldo has 113 million and National Geographic has 82.1 million followers.
5. 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram per day.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
14 Little Known Easter Eggs You Missed in Avengers: Infinity War
Beyonce holds the record for the most liked Instagram post with her pregnancy announcement which garnered almost 11 million likes.
7. Pizza is the most widely Instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi.
8. The best time to post on Instagram for the most engagement is at 5 PM on Wednesdays.
9. Instagram is estimated to have brought in $1.53 billion in global mobile ad revenue in 2016, which is a 144% increase year-over-year and would amount to 8.4% of Facebook’s global mobile ad revenue according to International Business Times.
10. 26% of Instagram users make more than $75,000 per year.
A famous artist named Richard Prince is selling other people’s Instagram pics (#regram’s) for $100,000.
12. Selfies are one of the most uploaded photos on Instagram. As of December 2016, there were over 282 million selfies on Instagram.
13. The most popular hashtags in general are #instagood #love #photooftheday #cute #tbt #beautiful #selfie #me #tagforlikes #followme #fashion #summer #likes4likes #happy #art #fun #friends #smile #girl #repost #instadaily.
14. Instagram users are all about spreading the love and therefore the most used emoji on Instagram is <3.
15. The most used Instagram filters in the world are Juno, Gingham, and Clarendon.
In 2015, Kendall Jenner’s Instagram posts was valued between $125,000 and $300,000 for a single post.
17. More than 75% of all Instagram users are based outside the United States of America.
18. Dan Bilzerian, who is said to be worth more than $100 million, has built a reputation thanks to his Instagram feed of living a lavish lifestyle. He has had 3 heart attacks before the age of 32.
19. Iggy Pop has an Instagram account for his pet cockatoo, Biggy Pop.
20. Man Vs Food Host Adam Richman’s new show got pulled because he told a woman to kill herself on Instagram.
Pope Francis gained 1 million followers on Instagram after just 12 hours of starting his account, a world record.
22. The first Instagram post with the hashtag #selfie was posted on January 27th, 2011 by Jennifer Lee.
23. Facebook has the right to sell your Instagram photos to third-party advertisement agencies.
24. There is an Instagram user named F*ckJerry who got famous for sharing memes and funny pictures while other users get famous for taking their own photos. He has more than 12,500,000 followers.
25. There is a service called Phrostie that hand delivers alcoholic beverages anonymously to anyone of any age in the NYC region within 3 hours, all through Instagram.