Two con men sold a fake painting for €1.5 million, only to find out that all the money was counterfeit
2. Mark Twain traveled extensively and once said "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth."
3. Two men were brought up on federal hacking charges when they exploited a bug in video poker machines and won half a million dollars. His lawyer argued, "All these guys did is simply push a sequence of buttons that they were legally entitled to push." The case was dismissed.
4. When building the Golden Gate Bridge, the lead structural engineer insisted on the installation of a safety net even though its $130,000 cost was deemed exorbitant. Over the four years of its construction, the net saved 19 men, who named themselves the “Halfway to Hell Club.”
5. In 2003, two men strolled on to a Boeing 727 and just flew off. They and the plane haven't been seen since.
6Alcatraz prison escape
While John and Clarence Anglin, 2 of the 3 men who ever escaped from Alcatraz, were officially reported to have drowned in the bay, their mother received flowers anonymously every Mother's Day until she died, and two very tall unknown women were reported to have attended her funeral.
7. In 1949, BB King re-entered a burning music hall to save his favorite $30 Gibson guitar. King later learned the fire was started when two men knocked over a burning barrel of kerosene while fighting over a woman named Lucille. King has named every guitar he's owned Lucille as a reminder.
8. Lionel Richie grew up in racially segregated Alabama and once unwittingly drank from a whites only fountain. White men confronted his father, who grabbed Richie and ran off. Richie asked his father why he didn’t stay and fight. His dad answered, “I had a choice: to be a man or be a father.”
9. A woman won $40,000 as a settlement from NYC due to police repeatedly arresting her for going topless in public. However, it's perfectly legal for men and women to be topless in NYC
10. In South Korea, men who win Olympic medals do not have to participate in the two-year long mandatory military service.
11Babu Sunuwar and Lakpa Tsering Sherpa
In 2011, two Nepali men climbed Mount Everest and then proceeded to paraglide off of the summit, landing 35 km away. They then hiked and kayaked to the Bay of Bengal, winning the pair National Geographic Adventurers of the Year.
12. When scientists first realized that American gay men and Africans in France were both suffering from the same disease (AIDS), French researchers sent over a sample to be tested. But a scientist with a grudge against the French Institute switched out the sample, setting research back years.
13. More than 10 years, 2 disabled men in China, one without arms and the other without sight, have been planting trees together and have so far planted more than 10,000.
14. Our walking speed is affected by whom we’re with: men’s pace slows down by an average of 7% when walking with female partners they’re interested in; women walking together move the slowest; & men walking with male friends moved at speeds faster than either man’s preferred walking speed.
15. Paul Revere did not complete his famous ride, he was captured by the British. He was riding with two other men, William Dawes escaped, then fell off his horse. The third man, Dr. Samuel Prescott, was the only one who actually made it to their destination, Concord.
Lord Acton's famous quote 'Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.' is immediately followed by 'Great men are almost always bad men'.
17. Hugh Jackman, at 1.90 (6ft 3in), stands 30cm taller than Wolverine, portrayed in the comic as 1.60 (5ft 3in). When they made X-Men (2000) the filmmakers were forced to shoot Jackman at unusual angles or from the waist up to make him appear shorter, and his co-stars wore platform soles.
18. In 1780, a slave named Elizabeth Freeman essentially ended slavery in Massachusetts by suing for her freedom on the basis that the new state constitution declared that all men are born free and equal.
19. Post-relationship grief affects men, in the long term, more than women.
20. Hugh Jackman accidentally stabbed the Mystique stuntwoman in the arm while filming the first X-Men movie. She looked at the gaping hole in her arm and said 'Yes! I have been stabbed by Wolverine!'
David Bowie's first TV appearance was in 1964 at the age of 17, but was not for his music; he was interviewed on the BBC's Tonight show as the founder of 'The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Long-Haired Men'.
22. Gay Turkish men can avoid military service by providing photographs of themselves having sex. But only if they are the passive partner, and their face is clearly visible in the photo.
23. In a study on the appeal of chocolate, it took researchers 1 year to find 11 men who don't like chocolate
24. Women are twice as likely to initiate a suicide attempt but Men are four times more likely to succeed.
25. Winston Churchill, along with many of the Royal Navy's highest ranking men, came very close to death after the ship they were on was fired at by a U-boat with 3 torpedoes. All three struck the hull of the ship, but all failed to explode.