Before Vermont became a state they tried to become part of Quebec, but Quebec refused so Vermont joined the United States instead.
77. Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! in Quebec, Canada, is the only town in the world with two exclamation points in its name.
78. You cannot enter Canada from the USA with a DUI on your record.
79. Scientists have found 1.5-billion-year-old water in a mine 1.5 miles beneath Ontario, Canada
80. Canada built a reservoir within the remnant of an ancient eroded meteor crater. Visible from space, it is known as "The Eye of Quebec".
An experimental program called Mincome existed in Canada in the 1970's and gave everyone a minimum income just for being a citizen. It resulted in slightly fewer hours worked, but saw overall increases in health, happiness, and educational achievement.
82. At 11 a.m. each November 11th at the Canadian War Museum, the sun shines through the window of the Museum's Memorial Hall and illuminates the only artifact in that space: the headstone of Canada's Unknown Soldier.
83. The first Thanksgiving in North America was held in 1578 in what is now Canada which happened 43 years before the Pilgrims arrived at Plymouth Rock.
84. No cow in Canada can be given artificial hormones to increase its milk production. So no dairy product in Canada contains those hormones.
85. California has a larger population than all of Canada.
86Canada Alzheimer Society
Canada's Alzheimer Society's official flower is a forget-me-not.
87. Canada has a $300 Gold Coin with a Narwhal on it
88. Canada is in talks to bring back the Zeppelin to help traverse the difficult landscape
89. George Street in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada has the most bars and pubs per square foot of any street in North America.
90. One day in 1871, Canada was perfectly visible from Rochester, NY. The phenomenon was known as the Rochester Mirage
There is a ghost town in northern British Columbia, Canada that was abandoned almost overnight in 1983. Everything is still there and the power is still on. The whole town was purchased by an American who wants to turn it into a resort for intellectuals.
92. A Canada couple engaged in a neighbor feud dumped massive piles of fresh cow manure along their property line. A judge found them guilty of using the poop as a tool of harassment and fined them $15,000.
93. There's a part of Canada that has black bears, grizzly bears, AND polar bears.
94. It is theorized that impact craters in North Dakota, Canada, France, and Ukraine were all made from the same asteroid that broke apart before impacting Earth 214 million years ago. Today they are no longer in a straight line due to plate tectonics.
95. There are isolated communities in Eastern Canada that speak Gaelic
96Lost key return free service
Canada has a free service to return lost keys to their owners. So far over 1.5 million keys have been returned
97. It is illegal to sell, import or advertises baby walkers in Canada, and owners of baby walkers can face up to six months in jail.
98. There is a $1000 Canadian Bill (discontinued after 2000) and in 2012 there was still 946,043 unaccounted for.
99. CANDY CRUSH has more active monthly players than the entire population of Canada.
100. In Quebec, Canada, KFC is called PFK ('Poulet Frit Kentucky' - French for 'Kentucky Fried Chicken'), whereas in France it is still called KFC.